- Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- Elements at the bottoms of structures or objects upon which the upper parts rest or are supported; for large objects, bases are often relatively massive. For terminal elements upon which objects rest and that are small in relation to the body of the object, use "feet."
- Style of Etruscan pottery that resembles metalware, produced between the end of the 7th and the beginning of the 5th centuries BCE.
- Making shiny or lustrous by rubbing with a tool that compacts or smooths.
Middle Iron Age
- Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture marked by technological and social developments, including carburized iron or steel.
Click an image to view a larger version
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/177411 |title=Middle Iron Age Imported Silver-Gray Ware Base Sherd with Burnishing |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=10/22/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Middle Iron Age Imported Silver-Gray Ware Base Sherd with Burnishing".