|Showing 1 of 1||
American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Drypoint NeedleEarly 20th century
1/4 in. x 6 1/2 in. x 3/8 in. (0.64 cm x 16.51 cm x 0.95 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.232.f
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Tools and Equipment; Arts and Crafts Tools
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- drypoint - Intaglio process in which a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr that yields a characteristically soft and velvety line in the final print.
- etching needles - Blunt, rounded steel points used to lay open the ground when making an image on an etching plate.
- hand tools - Any tools which are operated by and guided by hand.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Temperamental! Prints in the Collection of Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Mar 20, 2019 – Jun 2, 2019
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Drypoint Needle".View current selection of records as: