Jousting on the Seine
|Showing 1 of 1||
Albert Winslow Barker
American (1874 - 1947) Primary
French (1592 - 1635) Primary
Jousting on the Seine1630
6 1/4 in. x 13 3/16 in. (15.88 cm x 33.5 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2011.4.47
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
Collection: Albert W. Barker Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- games - Forms of competitive play, usually involving an element of strategy, especially to interfere with an opponent's play; may or may not require physical skill.
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Plate Dimensions: 6 1/4 x 13 3/16 in. (15.875 x 33.496 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Jousting on the Seine".View current selection of records as: