|Showing 1 of 1||
Costa Rican (1907 - 1998)
15 3/4 in. x 23 1/2 in. (40.01 cm x 59.69 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Bible stories - Stories paraphrasing Biblical texts or closely based on Biblical events.
- color wood engravings - Engravings featuring colors printed from end-grain wood blocks; they were mainly used in 1850 to 1900 for reproductive purposes and as such are often referred to as chromoxylographs.
- color woodcuts - Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- nudity - The absence of clothing, leaving those parts of the body that, in the cultural traditions of the viewer, are usually covered, exposed to view.
- violence - The use of physical force so as to kill, injure, damage, or abuse.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Conversations: Selected Works from the Jacqueline Koldin Levine ’46 and Howard Levine Collection , Sep 10, 2012 – Oct 14, 2012
- Image Dimensions: 15 3/4 x 23 1/2 in. (40.005 x 59.69 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Brian Wallace and Joelle Collins. "Conversations," Mirabile Dictu: The Bryn Mawr College Library Newsletter 15 (Fall 2012): 5.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Susana".View current selection of records as: