Mutter mit Kind auf dem Arm [Mother with Child in Her Arms]
|Showing 1 of 1||
German (1867 - 1945) Primary
Mutter mit Kind auf dem Arm [Mother with Child in Her Arms]1965, from plate of 1910
7 5/8 in. x 5 in. (19.37 cm x 12.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- aquatints - Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- children - People in the earliest developmental stage of life.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- families - Groups of individuals related by blood, marriage, adoption, or cohabitation.
- mothers - Women who have children, either biologically or by adoption.
- parents - People who have children, either biologically or by adoption.
- social realism - Refers to works depicting realistic situations with tones of social protest, common especially in the 1930s and 1940s. For the representational art in Communist countries sanctioned by the government, use "Socialist Realist."
- Plate Dimensions: 7 5/8 x 5 in. (19.368 x 12.7 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Mutter mit Kind auf dem Arm [Mother with Child in Her Arms]".View current selection of records as: