Miniature Boat Model
|Showing 1 of 1||
Miniature Boat Modelca. 1969
2 1/2 in. x 3 1/2 in. x 17 in. (6.35 cm x 8.89 cm x 43.18 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- carvings - Refers to works executed by cutting a figure or design out of a solid material such as stone or wood. It typically refers to works that are relatively small in size, are part of a larger work, or are not considered art. For large and medium-sized three-dimensional works of art, use the broader term "sculpture" or another appropriate term.
- figurative art - Art that portrays forms recognizably derived from objective sources, in however altered or distorted form. Includes but not limited to representations of the human figure.
- Guinea-Bissauan - Style and culture of the people from Guinea-Bissau.
- tourism - The industry providing facilities and services to people traveling for recreation.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- wood - The principal tissue of trees and other plants that provides both strength and a means of conducting nutrients. Wood is one of the most versatile materials known.
- Object Dimensions: 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 17 in. (6.35 x 8.89 x 43.18 cm)
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- Museu da Guiné, “Regional Art Exhibition in Guinea.” Filmed April 4, 1964 at National Ethnographic Museum, Bissau, Guinea-Bissau. Video, 02:46. (https://arquivos.rtp.pt/conteudos/exposicao-de-arte-regional-na-guine/?fbclid=IwAR3bQTGz5pFPi1ydeIk3f4JQQCKktxj81J_ykrMT7SHwxvEnvglu0sqF37I, ),
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Miniature Boat Model".View current selection of records as: