Uwaki no so (Fancy-free Type) / Fujin sogaku jittai (Ten Physiognomies of Women)
|Showing 1 of 1||
Japanese (1753 - 1806) Primary
Uwaki no so (Fancy-free Type) / Fujin sogaku jittai (Ten Physiognomies of Women)20th Century Reproduction, after original of 1792 - 1793
11.438 x 8.5 in. (29.051 x 21.59 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2015.4.19
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Levine Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- mica - White pigment that is used in industrial products, such as white casein wall paint.
- reproductions - Copies of art images, art objects, decorative arts, or other valued images or objects, made without intent to deceive; with regard to art images, it includes photographic reproductions. The term implies more precise and faithful imitation than does the term "copies (derivative objects)." Where the intent is to deceive, see "forgeries" or "counterfeits." For prints copying other two-dimensional works, typically dating from before the widespread use of photography, use "reproductive prints."
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Sheet Dimensions: 11.438 x 8.5 in. (29.051 x 21.59 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Uwaki no so (Fancy-free Type) / Fujin sogaku jittai (Ten Physiognomies of Women)".View current selection of records as: