7.126 x 0.984 x 0.669 in. (18.1 x 2.5 x 1.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2016.14.72
Geography: Africa, Ghana
Classification: Clothing and Adornments
Culture/Nationality: Akan, Asante, Ghanaian, West African, African
Collection: Jane Martin Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Asante - The culture and style of people of south-central Ghana and adjacent areas of Togo and Côte d'Ivoire.
- Ghanaian - Style and culture of the people of the nation of Ghana.
- hairpins - Single- or multi-pronged pins used to hold hair or headgear in place or for decorative effect.
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BAWSU" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Ghana" and [Object]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: