|Showing 1 of 1||
unknown Kuba (Congolese)
Flute/Whistle19th century - 20th century
2.09 x 2.93 x 13.78 in. (5.309 x 7.442 x 35.001 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2016.14.103
Geography: Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Classification: Tools and Equipment; Musical Instruments & Sound-making Implements
Culture/Nationality: Kuba, Congolese, Central African, African
Collection: Jane Martin Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Central African - Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Congolese - Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Kuba - Describes works created by the African people of the same name living in the central Democratic Republic of Congo.
- whistles - Short, usually high-pitched duct flutes having no fingerholes, or no more than one; the body may contain a captive pellet to add a roll to the sound.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Comparanda ListThe following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0134234.
Related Bibliography ListThe following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
- "The Met Online Collections Database." The Met Collection. (Accessed April 9, 2020): The Metropolitan Museum of Art, https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/. Accession No.: 1993.320.
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Flute/Whistle".View current selection of records as: