Skip to Content
Jane Martin Collection of African Art & Cultural Objects
Showing 1 of 150
unknown Congolese (Democratic Republic of Congo)
19th century - 20th century
Bone, Metal, Leather (?)
7.87 x 4.45 x 17.13 in. (19.99 x 11.303 x 43.51 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Clothing and Adornments; Personal Gear; Smoking & Recreational Drug Equipment
Mangbetu, Congolese, Central African, African
Jane Martin Collection
Click a term to view the records with the same keyword
This object has the following keywords:
- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Refers to the short vertical arrangement of draped fabric, with a tapered lower hem falling in a broken diagonal, often used as the center ornament of a festoon curtain.
- The industry providing facilities and services to people traveling for recreation.
Click an image to view a larger version
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
"African Heritage Document and Research Center."
(Accessed June 11, 2020):
Record No.: 0022106.
"Les sculptures Mangbetu Zande Boa Léga."
(Accessed June 21, 2020):
Figure Number: 645, 646.
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Jane Martin Collection of African Art & Cultural Objects".
View current selection of records as: