- Refers to works executed by cutting a figure or design out of a solid material such as stone or wood. It typically refers to works that are relatively small in size, are part of a larger work, or are not considered art. For large and medium-sized three-dimensional works of art, use the broader term "sculpture" or another appropriate term.
- Styles and cultures of the eastern area of Africa including Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, that together with the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, and Ethiopia) make up Eastern Africa.
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Style and culture of the Kamba Bantu ethnic group of the Eastern Province of Kenya.
- The principal tissue of trees and other plants that provides both strength and a means of conducting nutrients. Wood is one of the most versatile materials known.
Click an image to view a larger version
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
"African Heritage Document and Research Center."
(Accessed June 11, 2020):
Record No: 0141739.
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: