- The class of vertebrate animals that are typically bipedal and warm-blooded, lay large-yolked hardshelled eggs, often arboreal, and possessing feathers, hollow bones, forelimbs adapted for flight (although some have lost the ability to fly) and hindlimbs for perching and locomotion, a four-chambered heart, keen vision, a horny beak without teeth, and a large muscular stomach. Birds arose from theropod dinosaurs, which were an order of carnivorous dinosaurs.
- General term applied to many of the 40 species of glossy black birds in the genus Covus, although some birds in this genus are called "ravens" rather than crows.
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes.
- A relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 15 x 6.75 in. (38.1 x 17.145 cm)