From the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1882 - 1953) Primary
From the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam1909
12.75 x 9.188 in. (32.385 x 23.336 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2019.4.53
Geography: Europe, England
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Lithographs
Culture/Nationality: French British
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- illustration - The art or process of providing drawings or other pictures intended to elucidate a description, story, or other written material, usually in a book or periodical.
- lithographs - Prints made using the process of lithography, which is a planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance which will accept ink.
- Persian - Refers to the culture that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Iran.
- philosophy - Critical examination of the grounds for fundamental beliefs and analysis of the basic concepts, doctrines, or practices that express such beliefs.
- poetry - Literary and oral genre rooted in the compressed and cogent imaginative awareness or associations of experiences, ideas, or emotional responses and arranged under an organized criterion of meaning, conscious and unconscious expression, symbolism, formal or informal pattern, sound, and rhythm. The genre encompasses narrative, dramatic, satiric, didactic, erotic, and personal forms.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Sheet Dimensions: 12.75 x 9.188 in. (32.385 x 23.336 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "From the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam".View current selection of records as: