Tingmiujang Game Piece in the Shape of a Bird (?)19th century
0.813 x 0.563 x 1.313 in. (2.064 x 1.429 x 3.334 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2019.33.17
Other Number(s): Inuit_Ivory.17 (Temporary Number)
Geography: North and Central America, Canada or United States
Classification: Toys and Games; Games
Culture/Nationality: Arctic, North American
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Arctic - In the context of art and culture, the culture of the indigenous peoples of the northern polar region of the earth, including the Arctic Ocean and the northernmost parts of Asia, Europe, and North America. The term may also refer to the animals, plants, climate, geology, geography, and oceanography of the area.
- game pieces - The objects, usually small and of hard durable materials, manipulated directly by participants during the play of card, table, and board games.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- walrus ivory - Material comprising the dentin of walrus tusks.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Object Dimensions: 0.813 x 0.563 x 1.313 in. (2.064 x 1.429 x 3.334 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BEHMG".View current selection of records as: