Cribbage Board with Incised Design
|Showing 1 of 1||
Cribbage Board with Incised Design20th century
Walrus Tusk, Pigment
22 x 2.75 x 3.5 in. (55.88 x 6.985 x 8.89 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2019.33.189
Other Number(s): Inuit_Ivory.189 (Temporary Number)
Geography: North and Central America, Canada or United States
Classification: Toys and Games; Games
Culture/Nationality: Arctic, North American
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Arctic - In the context of art and culture, the culture of the indigenous peoples of the northern polar region of the earth, including the Arctic Ocean and the northernmost parts of Asia, Europe, and North America. The term may also refer to the animals, plants, climate, geology, geography, and oceanography of the area.
- cribbage boards - Boards, often long narrow rectangles of wood, for keeping score during the game of cribbage and having holes in the upper surface into which pegs are placed to mark the score and progress of the players.
- incising - The process and technique of producing, forming, or tracing a pattern, text, or other usually linear motif by cutting, carving, or engraving.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- pigment - Any relatively insoluble organic, inorganic, natural or artificial substance that imparts a color to another substance or mixture and always appears as the same specific color when viewed in white light. It is the constituent of paint or ink that provides the color. Distinguished from a dye, which is soluble in the vehicle, a pigment is insoluble in the vehicle, but instead is held in a suspension.
- walrus ivory - Material comprising the dentin of walrus tusks.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Object Dimensions: 22 x 2.75 x 3.5 in. (55.88 x 6.985 x 8.89 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Cribbage Board with Incised Design".View current selection of records as: