Under the Tree
|Showing 1 of 1||
Livia Mihaly Kadar
Hungarian (1894 – 1986) Primary
Under the Treeca. 1926
3 1/2 x 2 3/4 in. (8.89 x 6.985 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2022.9.1
Geography: Europe, Hungary
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
This object has the following keywords:
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Vörösmarty, Mihály. Csongor és Tünde, 1930:
- kneeling - The act or posture of falling or resting on one's knees.
- landscapes - Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
- works on paper - Use collectively to bring together works of art in which paper is the support, only when terms such as "drawings" or "prints" are not appropriate.
Owner Name: Klare Scarborough, Ph.D. 2005 and Bill Scarborough
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, USA
Acquisition Method: Purchased at Auction
Disposal Method: Donated to Bryn Mawr College
Ownership Start Date: 6/29/2014
Ownership End Date: 12/10/2021
Remarks: Purchased from Bunte Auctions, IL, 6/29/2014, Lot 1361
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Under the Tree".View current selection of records as: