Mandarin Hat Finial
|Showing 1 of 1||
Mandarin Hat Finial
2 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 in. (6.35 x 3.175 x 3.175 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- accessories - Objects or devices that are not essential in themselves but add to the beauty, convenience, or effectiveness of other things, as, for example, to costume or automobiles.
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- blue - Hue name for one of the three primary additive colors; that portion of the spectrum lying between green and violet, with a wavelength of about 420 to 490 nanometers, which is the shortest wavelength range of the three primary colors. The term may refer to any of this group of colors that vary in lightness and saturation. An example of blue color in nature is that of a clear sky during the day.
- clothing - Coverings for the torso, limbs, hands, feet, and head for warmth, fashion, or to cover nudity. It generally excludes other items of costume such as jewelry, crowns, and other accessories that are purely decorative or symbolic and have no practical function.
- finials - Ornaments which terminate the point of a spire, pinnacle, or other vertical member; found on furniture as well as architecture.
- hats - Shaped coverings for the head having a brim and crown, or one of the two.
- mandarins - Officials in any of the senior grades of the former imperial Chinese civil service. Mandarins were chosen by examination, and there were nine grades, each of which was distinguished by a distinctive round ornament or button on top of the official headgear.
- metal - Any of a large group of substances that typically show a characteristic luster, are good conductors of electricity and heat, are opaque, can be fused, and are usually malleable or ductile.
- scholars - Persons who have engaged in advanced study and acquired expertise in some special field along with accuracy and skill in investigation and powers of critical analysis in interpretation of such knowledge.
- stone - General term for rock that has been cut, shaped, crushed, or otherwise formed for use in construction or other purposes. Includes the specific archaeological and anthropological sense of individual stones which may be decorated or ornamented and which may be used in ritual contexts. These are usually not carved or dressed, and so differ from sculptures made from stone.
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Mandarin Hat Finial ".View current selection of records as: