Coalport Porcelain Factory
The Pirate Captain
9 5/8 in. x 3 3/8 in. x 3 3/8 in. (24.45 cm x 8.57 cm x 8.57 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2011.28.3
Geography: Europe, England
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Sculptures
This object has the following keywords:
- ceramic - Refers to any of various hard, brittle, heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature.
- collectibles - Objects collected by fanciers, such as toys, miniatures, spoons, or various other items, but generally not applied to collections of art, stamps, coins, or furniture.
- figurines - Three-dimensional works that represent humans, animals, or mythical beasts at less than half life-size. While the term may be used interchangeably with "statuette" in certain situations, it differs in that a statuette is always free-standing while a figurine may be part of a larger work, such as a decorative detail on a candelabra or mirror.
- porcelain - A material comprising white clay, or "kaolin," and a feldspathic rock, that react when fired so the clay serves to hold the shape of the object and the rock fuses into a natural glass. In China, it includes any such ware that is highly fired enough to produce a ringing sound when struck. In Europe, it is limited to hard-fired ceramic that is translucent.
- theater - Genre of performing arts concerning theatrical or dramatic entertainment, often reserved for works intended for stage presentations.
- theater - The discipline concerning professionally-oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically-oriented study of theater, see "drama (discipline)."
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: China Cabinet 4
Your current search criteria is: Agent is "Ivy Reade Relkin".View current selection of records as: