American (Kingston upon Thames (Greater London), 1830 - 1904, Kingston upon Thames (Greater London)) Primary
Man Walking and Taking Off a Hat, Plate 44, Animal Locomotion1872-1885
8 1/4 in. x 13 9/16 in. (20.96 cm x 34.45 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- collotypes - Photomechanical prints produced by photolithography in which the printing plate is prepared using a bichromate process, gelatin, and greasy ink, which is held in the characteristic wormlike patterns of cracks.
- motion photographs - Photographs showing successive phases of an action, usually a human figure or animal in motion; may be single exposure, composite, or a series of separate images.
- Refers to still images produced from radiation-sensitive materials (sensitive to light, electron beams, or nuclear radiation), generally by means of the chemical action of light on a sensitive film, paper, glass, or metal. Photographs may be positive or negative, opaque or transparent. The concept does not include reproductive prints of documents and technical drawings, for which descriptors found under "
" are more appropriate. The concept may include photographs made by digital means.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Double Take: Selected Views from the Photography Collection at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 27, 2011 – Dec 22, 2011
- Image Dimensions: 8 1/4 x 13 9/16 in. (20.955 x 34.449 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 2011
Page Number: 4, Figure Number: 9
Walking, Plate 10, Animal Locomotion
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Agent is "Jane M. Oppenheimer, Ph.D." and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints".View current selection of records as: