American (Kingston upon Thames (Greater London), 1830 - 1904, Kingston upon Thames (Greater London)) Primary
Cat Galloping, Plate 719, Animal Locomotion1872-1885
19 in. x 24 in. (48.26 cm x 60.96 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- collotypes - Photomechanical prints produced by photolithography in which the printing plate is prepared using a bichromate process, gelatin, and greasy ink, which is held in the characteristic wormlike patterns of cracks.
- motion photographs - Photographs showing successive phases of an action, usually a human figure or animal in motion; may be single exposure, composite, or a series of separate images.
- Refers to still images produced from radiation-sensitive materials (sensitive to light, electron beams, or nuclear radiation), generally by means of the chemical action of light on a sensitive film, paper, glass, or metal. Photographs may be positive or negative, opaque or transparent. The concept does not include reproductive prints of documents and technical drawings, for which descriptors found under "
" are more appropriate. The concept may include photographs made by digital means.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
- Image Dimensions: 19 x 24 in. (48.26 x 60.96 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: Cat 7
Walking, Plate 10, Animal Locomotion
Pigeon Flying, Plate 757, Animal Locomotion
Your current search criteria is: Agent is "Jane M. Oppenheimer, Ph.D." and [Object]Country of Creation is "England".View current selection of records as: