French (1592 - 1635) Primary
Beggar with Wooden Leg (Le Mendiant a la jambe de bois)1622
Etching on wove paper
5 11/16 in. x 3 7/8 in. (14.4 cm x 9.9 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.878
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
This object has the following keywords:
- beggars - Those who subsist by asking for alms.
- crutches - Staffs or supports to assist a lame or infirm person in walking, especially those with a cross-piece at one end to fit under the armpit.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Sheet Dimensions: 5 11/16 x 3 7/8 in. (14.4 x 9.9 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Related to "Jacques Callot".View current selection of records as: