American (1844 - 1926) Primary
13 3/4 in. x 8 15/16 in. (34.93 cm x 22.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- aquatints - Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- desks - Various forms of furniture for readers or writers, generally having a flat writing surface and often drawers and other compartments.
- drypoints - Prints made using the drypoint process, whereby a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr.
- letters - Pieces of correspondence that are somewhat more formal than memoranda or notes, usually on paper and delivered.
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- soft-ground etchings - Prints made using the process of soft-ground etching.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Innovative Impressions: Prints by Cassatt, Degas, and Pissarro Philbrook Museum of Art , Jun 9, 2018 – Sep 9, 2018
- Worlds to Discover: 125 Years of Collections at Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Sep 24, 2010 – May 28, 2011
- Mary Cassatt printmaker Lebanon Valley College , Mar 8, 2001 – Apr 14, 2001
- A Picture of Mary Cassatt: Prints from the Bryn Mawr College Collection , Mar 17, 2000 – Mar 20, 2000
- A Century Affirmed in the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Apr 18, 1984 – Dec 7, 1984
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Emily Croll.
Worlds to Discover.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 2010
Page Number: 37
and Richard R. Brettell.
Innovative Impressions: Prints by Cassat, Degas, and Pissarro
Munich, Germany, 2018
Page Number: 73, Figure Number: 80
Clarence Burton Sheffield, Jr.
and Leo G. Mazow.
Mary Cassatt printmaker
Lebanon Valley College.
Annville, PA, 2001
Page Number: 18-19
Bryn Mawr College,
1996 Monthly Calendar: Women Artists: Selections from the Collections at Bryn Mawr College
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1995
Figure Number: Cover
Afternoon Tea Party
In the Omnibus, or The Tramway
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Related to "Mary Cassatt".View current selection of records as: