British (London, 1743 - October 9, 1822, London) Primary
Claude Lorrain (akaClaudio Gelée or Claudio Guillee Lorenese)
French (1604 - 1682) Painter
British (1719 - 1804) Publisher
Landscape with castle, river, and two small figures in foreground1776
8.063 x 10.188 in. (20.479 x 25.876 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- hand coloring - Applying color by a manual process.
- islands - Landforms smaller than a continent, completely surrounded by water at high water. Islands appear in oceans, seas, lakes, or rivers.
- ships - Watercraft generally larger and more seaworthy than boats, usually propelled by sails or engines.
- shores - Strips of land bordering large bodies of water; an example is area of land between the lowest low-water spring tide and the highest point of storm waves.
- Plate Dimensions: 8.063 x 10.188 in. (20.479 x 25.876 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Related to "Richard Earlom".View current selection of records as: