|Showing 1 of 1||
German (1912 - 1992) Primary
Illustration from Rêves Cosmiquesc. 1948
12 7/8 in. x 9 3/8 in. (32.7 cm x 23.81 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- aquatints - Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- illustrations - Pictures or diagrams that clarify or provide an example or visualization. They usually accompany a text; the term is most often used to refer to pictures in books or published journal. For works that explore a subject or are preliminary to a separate, more finalized work, use "studies (visual works)." For paintings in manuscripts, use "illuminations" or "miniatures (paintings)."
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- Plate Dimensions: 12 7/8 x 9 3/8 in. (32.703 x 23.813 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Related to "Johnny Friedlaender".View current selection of records as: