British (ca. 1707 - after 1754) Primary
Canaletto (aka Antonio Canaletto)
Venetian (Venice, 1697 - 1768, Venice) Painter
The South East Prospect of Westminster Bridge1747
Etching with hand coloring
15.313 x 22.313 in. (38.894 x 56.674 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2019.4.22
Geography: Europe, Great Britain
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
This object has the following keywords:
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- bridges - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers.
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region.
- landscapes - Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Sheet Dimensions: 15.313 x 22.313 in. (38.894 x 56.674 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Related to "Canaletto".View current selection of records as: