American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Etching Plate for Still Life with Tree and Horsec.1947
1/8 in. x 3 7/8 in. x 2 7/8 in. (0.32 cm x 9.84 cm x 7.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- artists - People who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, see "performing artists."
- drypoints - Prints made using the drypoint process, whereby a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr.
- lakeshores - Refers to land that verges on a lake. In extended use the term is used to describe administrative regions or landmasses on or in the vicinity of a lake, or recreational areas that include lake access.
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
- Temperamental! Prints in the Collection of Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Mar 20, 2019 – Jun 2, 2019
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections" and [Object]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: