American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Man Reclining; Powder Horn over Moonca. 1931
15/16 in. x 4 1/8 in. x 2 5/8 in. (2.38 cm x 10.48 cm x 6.67 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- crescents - Motifs consisting of a curved segment of a circle, often suggesting a crescent moon.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- powder horns - Horn-shaped portable containers for carrying priming powder or gunpowder, especially those made from the horn of a cow or ox.
- rifles - Firearms having a rifled bore and designed to be fired by one person from the shoulder.
- wood blocks - Blocks of wood on which designs, words, or other images are cut to print, usually as relief images, whether on paper, fabric, or other material.
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints" and [Object]Country of Creation is "United States" and [Object]Display Artist is "Allen Lewis".View current selection of records as: