American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Cupid Sitting with Horn and DrumEarly 20th century
7/8 in. x 3 1/8 in. x 3 1/8 in. (2.22 cm x 7.94 cm x 7.94 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.226
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- drums - Membranophones with a resonating cavity covered at one or both ends by a membrane, which is sounded by striking, rubbing, or plucking.
- putti - Motifs representing chubby, sometimes winged and naked figures of little boys, derived from Greco-Roman depictions of Eros. Common in art from Renaissance through the 18th century.
- trumpets - Generally, all lip-vibrated aerophones of predominantly cylindrical bore. May also refer specifically for the modern Western band, concert, and orchestral trumpets, having a wide mouthpiece, a narrow bore, valves, and a medium-sized bell throat and bell flare.
- wood blocks - Blocks of wood on which designs, words, or other images are cut to print, usually as relief images, whether on paper, fabric, or other material.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints".View current selection of records as: