Seymour Haden (akaFrancis Seymour-Haden)
British (1818 - 1910) Primary
8 5/8 in. x 5 5/8 in. (21.91 cm x 14.29 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- forests - Historically, refers to wilderness areas outside the scope of common law but within the legislation of kings and reserved for royal activities; more recently, used to designate extensive wooded areas, whether maintained for the production of timber or unmanaged and preserving a wilderness of dense growth and wild animal habitats. For forests in the context of a plant community rather than as a cultural landscape, use "forests (plant communities)."
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
- Plate Dimensions: 8 5/8 x 5 5/8 in. (21.908 x 14.288 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints".View current selection of records as: