American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Cupid Sitting with Horn and DrumEarly 20th century
7/8 in. x 3 1/8 in. x 3 1/8 in. (2.22 cm x 7.94 cm x 7.94 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- drums - Membranophones with a resonating cavity covered at one or both ends by a membrane, which is sounded by striking, rubbing, or plucking.
- putti - Motifs representing chubby, sometimes winged and naked figures of little boys, derived from Greco-Roman depictions of Eros. Common in art from Renaissance through the 18th century.
- trumpets - Generally, all lip-vibrated aerophones of predominantly cylindrical bore. May also refer specifically for the modern Western band, concert, and orchestral trumpets, having a wide mouthpiece, a narrow bore, valves, and a medium-sized bell throat and bell flare.
- wood blocks - Blocks of wood on which designs, words, or other images are cut to print, usually as relief images, whether on paper, fabric, or other material.
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections" and [Object]Country of Creation is "United States" and [Object]Display Artist is "Allen Lewis".View current selection of records as: