American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Woman WeavingBefore 1931
7/8 in. x 4 1/4 in. x 3 3/4 in. (2.22 cm x 10.8 cm x 9.53 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- weaving - Generally, the process of interlacing strands or strips of various materials, such as cane, textile, or twigs, to make materials or objects such as wicker, cloth, baskets, or wreaths. Specifically used for the process of making textile on a loom or other weaving device by interlacing warp and weft in a particular order.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- wood blocks - Blocks of wood on which designs, words, or other images are cut to print, usually as relief images, whether on paper, fabric, or other material.
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections" and [Object]Country of Creation is "United States" and [Object]Display Artist is "Allen Lewis".View current selection of records as: