American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Man Reclining; Powder Horn over Moonca. 1931
15/16 in. x 4 1/8 in. x 2 5/8 in. (2.38 cm x 10.48 cm x 6.67 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.223
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- crescents - Motifs consisting of a curved segment of a circle, often suggesting a crescent moon.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- powder horns - Horn-shaped portable containers for carrying priming powder or gunpowder, especially those made from the horn of a cow or ox.
- rifles - Firearms having a rifled bore and designed to be fired by one person from the shoulder.
- wood blocks - Blocks of wood on which designs, words, or other images are cut to print, usually as relief images, whether on paper, fabric, or other material.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections".View current selection of records as: