Skip to Content
Jane Martin Collection of African Art & Cultural Objects
unknown Kuba (Congolese)
19th century - 20th century
2.09 x 2.93 x 13.78 in. (5.309 x 7.442 x 35.001 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Tools and Equipment; Musical Instruments & Sound-making Implements
Kuba, Congolese, Central African, African
Jane Martin Collection
Click a term to view the records with the same keyword
This object has the following keywords:
- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Describes works created by the African people of the same name living in the central Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Short, usually high-pitched duct flutes having no fingerholes, or no more than one; the body may contain a captive pellet to add a roll to the sound.
Click an image to view a larger version
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
"African Heritage Document and Research Center."
(Accessed June 11, 2020):
Record No.: 0134234.
Related Bibliography List
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Jane Martin Collection of African Art & Cultural Objects" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Musical Instruments & Sound-making Implements".
View current selection of records as: