Aubrey Vincent Beardsley
British (1872 - 1898)
Two Athenian Women in DistressAfter drawing of 1896
10 3/8 in. x 7 1/8 in. (26.35 cm x 18.1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Art Nouveau - Refers generally to the style of painting, architecture, decorative arts, and applied arts that flourished in Europe and the United States from about 1890 to 1910. The style is characterized by an emphasis on fluid, undulating, or serpentine lines or contours based on organic forms and the use of modern materials such as iron and glass. The style developed as regional variations under various names.
- classicism - Includes any manifestation of the material culture of classical Greece and Rome. With reference to the period of late 18th- and 19th-century art and architecture which featured a return to classical principles, use "Neoclassical." With reference to the period of architecture and ornament of the late 18th- to early 20th-century based relatively closely on ancient classical forms, use "Classical Revival."
- eroticism - Refers to the emotional, intellectual, and physiological condition of sexual arousal. Use also for the capacity or quality of inspiring such arousal through suggestion, symbolism, or allusion.
- nudity - The absence of clothing, leaving those parts of the body that, in the cultural traditions of the viewer, are usually covered, exposed to view.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Conversations: Selected Works from the Jacqueline Koldin Levine ’46 and Howard Levine Collection , Sep 10, 2012 – Oct 14, 2012
- Image Dimensions: 10 3/8 x 7 1/8 in. (26.353 x 18.098 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Jacqueline Koldin Levine and Howard H. Levine Collection".View current selection of records as: