|Showing 1 of 1||
Basket with Lid1965-1999
7 x 8 x 8 in. (17.78 x 20.32 x 20.32 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- bags - Containers or receptacles of leather, cloth, paper, or other flexible material, often capable of being closed at the mouth. For ladies' bags intended to carry personal articles, use "bags (costume accessories)." For large containers of cloth or plastic for carrying, transporting, or storing produce and other items, use "sacks."
- basketmaking - Process of creating containers made of twigs, rushes, thin strips of wood, or other flexible material woven together.
- East African - Styles and cultures of the eastern area of Africa including Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, that together with the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, and Ethiopia) make up Eastern Africa.
- Ugandan - The style and culture of the central African State, Uganda.
- The Philip L. Kilbride Memorial Exhibition Bryn Mawr College , Apr 5, 2013 – Jul 25, 2014
Owner Name: Gift of Philip Kilbride, Professor of Anthropology
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, US
Acquisition Method: Purchased/Collected
Ownership Start Date: Last quarter 20th century
Ownership End Date: 1999
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "East African" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Baskets" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Butoro, Ugandan, East African, African".View current selection of records as: