Leather with horsehair, glass, and wood (?)
With horsehair tassle
16 5/8 in. x 7 7/8 in. (42.3 cm x 20 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 55.E1.3
Geography: North and Central America, United States, Colorado
Classification: Tools and Equipment; Weapons; Bludgeons
Culture/Nationality: Pueblo, Rio Grande Pueblo, Native American
Collection: George and Anne Vaux Collection
Findspot: Rio Grande Complex
This object has the following keywords:
clubs*, leather*, Native American*, North American*, Pueblo, Southwestern Native American*, weapons*
- clubs - General term for percussive weapons typically consisting of a staff of wood, metal, or other hard, heavy material, often carrying a head of stone or metal, wielded by hand as striking weapons.
- leather - The skin or hide of an animal that has been tanned to render it resistant to putrefication and relatively soft and flexible when dry. For composite material made from scrap leather pieces, use "maril."
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Southwestern Native American - Styles and cultures Southwestern Native America.
- weapons - Implements or mechanisms used for defense or attack in combat, hunting, or war.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
- With horsehair tassle Dimensions: 16 5/8 x 7 7/8 in. (42.3 x 20 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: Violence 4
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Southwest" and [Object]Display Artist is ".View current selection of records as: