4 5/8 in. x 6 1/8 in. x 2 3/8 in. (width at base) (11.8 cm x 15.5 cm x 6.1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 72.1.37
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Containers and Vessels; Vessels; Pitchers
Culture/Nationality: Pueblo, Zuni, Native American
This object has the following keywords:
- clay - Naturally occurring sediments that are produced by chemical actions resulting during the weathering of rocks. Clays are composed of hydrated aluminum silicates, such as Kaolinite, Illite, Palygorskite, Attapulgite, Bentonite, and Montmorillonite. Small amounts of other minerals can change the color (white, yellow, brown or red) and texture of the clays. Clays may include all earths that form a paste with water and harden when heated.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- pitchers - Vessels, generally of ceramic, glass, metal, or plastic, that have a wide mouth with a broad lip and usually a handle at one side, but sometimes having two ears; includes those accompanied by a washbowl and used for personal hygiene.
- Southwestern Native American - Styles and cultures Southwestern Native America.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- At Home and on Display: Pueblo Pottery in the Bryn Mawr College Collection , Nov 24, 1998 – Jan 15, 1999
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Southwest" and [Object]Display Artist is "Unknown Zuni".View current selection of records as: