|Showing 1 of 1||
2 9/16 in. x 1 15/16 in. (6.5 cm x 4.9 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 72.1.25
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Clothing and Adornments; Adornments
Culture/Nationality: Pueblo (?), Native American
Collection: Twyeffort Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- clay - Naturally occurring sediments that are produced by chemical actions resulting during the weathering of rocks. Clays are composed of hydrated aluminum silicates, such as Kaolinite, Illite, Palygorskite, Attapulgite, Bentonite, and Montmorillonite. Small amounts of other minerals can change the color (white, yellow, brown or red) and texture of the clays. Clays may include all earths that form a paste with water and harden when heated.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Southwestern Native American - Styles and cultures Southwestern Native America.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- At Home and on Display: Pueblo Pottery in the Bryn Mawr College Collection Laura E. Smith , Nov 24, 1998 – Jan 15, 1999
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Southwest" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is "Prehistoric".View current selection of records as: