unknown Congolese (Democratic Republic of Congo)
Pipe19th century - 20th century
7.87 x 4.45 x 17.13 in. (19.99 x 11.303 x 43.51 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Central African - Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Congolese - Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- pipes - Refers to the short vertical arrangement of draped fabric, with a tapered lower hem falling in a broken diagonal, often used as the center ornament of a festoon curtain.
- tourism - The industry providing facilities and services to people traveling for recreation.
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0022106.
- "Les sculptures Mangbetu Zande Boa Léga." Masque Statue. (Accessed June 21, 2020): Masque Statue, http://www.masque-statue.com/e_mangbetu_zande_boa.html. http://www.masque-statue.com/e_mangbetu_zande_boa.html, Figure Number: 645, 646.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Jane Martin Collection" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Democratic Republic of the Congo".View current selection of records as: