Chief's ChairMid 20th century
26 1/2 x 17 x 14 in. (67.31 x 43.18 x 35.56 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- furniture - Movable or fixed objects or equipment, which may be either functional or ornamental, particularly objects for sitting, reclining, or storage, such as chairs, beds, tables, cabinets, etc., in a dwelling, business, or public space.
- Guinean - Style and culture of people of the modern nation of Guinée (Republic of Guinea) or of the historical people of the broader region of forest and coastal areas of western Africa between the tropic of Cancer and the equator known also as "Guinea."
- West African - Styles and cultures from the region comprising the westernmost area of the African continent, defined by the United Nations as including the modern nations of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
Owner Name: Jane Martin, Class of 1953
Place: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Ownership Start Date: February, 1986
Ownership End Date: April 25, 2014
Owner Name: Sekou Sillah
Ownership End Date: February, 1986
Remarks: Likely purchased in Monrovia, Liberia
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0067996.
- "African Heritage Document and Research Center." (Accessed June 11, 2020): AHDRC.eu. Record No.: 0067993.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Jane Martin Collection" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Republic of Guinea".View current selection of records as: