Cast and incised brass
3 1/4 in. (diameter) (8.26 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 99.6.11
Other Number(s): P38b (Plass Number)
Classification: Clothing and Adornments; Adornments
Collection: Plass Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- African - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- bracelets - Ornamental bands or circlets worn on the lower arm. Use "armlets" for similar articles worn on the upper arm.
- brasswork - Visual works made of the metal alloy brass, particularly sculptures, containers, and other decorative or utilitarian objects.
- jewelry - Ornaments such as bracelets, necklaces, and rings, of precious or semiprecious materials worn or carried on the person for adornment; also includes similar articles worn or carried for devotional or mourning purposes.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- African Art from the Collection of Margaret Feurer Plass '17 Bryn Mawr College , May 19, 1990 – Oct 1, 1992
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
Frisk & Borodin Appraisers,
Inventory and Appraisement Belonging to the Estate of Margaret Barton Plass, Deceased. 7 March 1990
Bryn Mawr College Special Collections.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 1990
Page Number: 2, Figure Number: 38
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Margaret Feuer Plass Collection".View current selection of records as: