Skip to Content
☰ Open Filter >>
Pottery from Tarsus Excavations
Late Iron Age Cypriot Rim Sherd of Mortar
Late Iron Age
7th century BCE - 6th century BCE
2 1/8 x 2 7/8 x 1/2 in. (5.4 x 7.3 x 1.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
B 123 (Site No.)
Asia, Turkey, Tarsus
Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Find Spot: Gözlükule, Tarsus, Turkey, Jsw; Date: 1938; Meters: 13.25
Click a term to view the records with the same keyword
This object has the following keywords:
- Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- Refers to the culture of the island of Cyprus, particularly during the Bronze Age from about 2300 to 1050 BCE.
- Commodities, merchandise, or materials brought into one country from another for use, sale, reprocessing, exchange, or export.
Late Iron Age
- Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture noted for particular technological and social developments, including the tempering of iron implements.
- Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Pottery from Tarsus Excavations" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is ".
View current selection of records as: