Attic Red-Figure Base SherdIron Age
5th century BCE - 4th century BCE
13/16 x 1 7/8 x 1 5/16 in. (2.1 x 4.7 x 3.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Attic - Style and culture of the region of Attica. For culture particular to the capital of Attica, Athens, use "Athenian."
- bases - Elements at the bottoms of structures or objects upon which the upper parts rest or are supported; for large objects, bases are often relatively massive. For terminal elements upon which objects rest and that are small in relation to the body of the object, use "feet."
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume III, Text," (1963): p. 294, no. 1426.
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume III, Plates," (1963): Figure Number: Figure 145, no. 1426.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Pottery from Tarsus Excavations" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is "Iron Age".View current selection of records as: