Skip to Content
☰ Open Filter >>
Pottery from Tarsus Excavations
Black on Red Neck and Rim Sherd
2000 BCE - 1200 BCE
1 1/4 in. x 1 3/16 in. x 3/16 in. (3.25 cm x 3.05 cm x 0.47 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Asia, Turkey, Tarsus
Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Find Spot: Gözlükule, Tarsus, Turkey; Date: Meters:
Click a term to view the records with the same keyword
This object has the following keywords:
- Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- Bringing articles of trade or commerce into a country from abroad for sale or exchange.
Late Iron Age
- Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture noted for particular technological and social developments, including the tempering of iron implements.
- Relatively narrow, or constricted parts of containers, such as the slender portion of a bottle or vase between the mouth and the shoulders.
- Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Pottery from Tarsus Excavations" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is "Iron Age".
View current selection of records as: