Assorted Gifts from the Japanese Royal Family
12 1/2 in. x 14 1/2 in. x 3 in. (31.75 cm x 36.83 cm x 7.62 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2005.6.46.a-f
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Containers and Vessels; Boxes
Collection: Elizabeth Gray Vining '23 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- brocading - Weft patterning technique of weaving raised patterns on a woven textile. For the process of stitching decorative designs into cloth, leather, or paper by hand or machine, use "embroidering."
- flower - Material comprising flowers, which are the reproductive portion of any plant in the division Magnoliophyta (Angiospermae).
- flowers - The reproductive portions of any plant in the division Angiospermae, flowering plants. As popularly used, the term "flower" especially applies when part or all of the reproductive structure is distinctive in color and form.
- gifts - Gratuitous grants or transfers of property.
- pressing - Forming by means of pressure, especially a steady, overall pressure.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection" and [Object]Century is ".View current selection of records as: