Textile and paper
29 1/8 in. x 17 5/16 in. (74 cm x 44 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2005.6.25.a-c
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts
Collection: Elizabeth Gray Vining '23 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- hanging scrolls - Scrolls, displayed vertically, that contain text, artwork, or both.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- landscapes - Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- paper - Refers generally to all types of thin matted or felted sheets or webs of fiber formed and dried on a fine screen from a pulpy water suspension. The fibers may be animal, such as hair, silk or wool, or mineral, such as asbestos, or synthetic. However most paper is made from cellulosic plant fiber, such as from wood pulp, grass, cotton, linen, and straw.
- textiles - General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection" and [Object]Century is ".View current selection of records as: