55 in. x 55 in. (139.7 cm x 139.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- kimonos - Loose, wide-sleeved garments fastened around the waist with an obi or broad sash, traditionally worn by Japanese men and women.
- textiles - General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Mirrors and Masks: Reflections and Constructions of the Self Bryn Mawr College , Mar 23, 2017 – Jun 4, 2017
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Steven Z. Levine.
Mirrors & Masks.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, March, 2017
Page Number: 66, Figure Number: Plate 23
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Japan" and [Object]Century is ".View current selection of records as: