- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Sovereigns or supreme monarchs of an empire, which is a political unit that comprises a number of territories or nations and is ruled by a single supreme authority. The use of the term is often restricted to reference to such supreme authorities in only certain parts of the world, including the ancient Roman empire, the Early Christian Roman empire, and the empires of Austria-Hungary, China, Japan, Morocco, India, Asia Minor, and Germany. The rulers of conglomerate political states in other parts of the world are generally known by other titles. The term "emperors" always refers to males, while "empresses" refers to female rulers.
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Refers to still images produced from radiation-sensitive materials (sensitive to light, electron beams, or nuclear radiation), generally by means of the chemical action of light on a sensitive film, paper, glass, or metal. Photographs may be positive or negative, opaque or transparent. The concept does not include reproductive prints of documents and technical drawings, for which descriptors found under "" are more appropriate. The concept may include photographs made by digital means.
- Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
Click an image to view a larger version
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
The Way of Tea--A Taste of Japanese Art: Gifts from the Imperial Family
Bryn Mawr College
, 5/11/2007 - 8/15/2007
Dimensions: 8 1/4 x 10 1/4 x 1 in. (20.955 x 26.035 x 2.54 cm)
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/152756 |title=Framed Photograph of the Emperor Hirohito and the Empress Nagako |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=10/17/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 13 of 59
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection".