- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Sets of matching articles intended to be used on a desk including such articles as inkstands, pen trays, and stampboxes.
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Paint, varnish, or another material applied by coating, made of the resinous exudation of certain trees or from insects, and that dries with a high gloss or matte finish. In most lacquers resin is dissolved in a volatile solvent or a drying oil and hardens by evaporation. Lacquer may be applied in many layers, so the thick surface may be set with inlays or carved.
- Use to describe objects and beings of a reduced size or scale compared to the average or normal range for its kind.
Click an image to view a larger version
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
Home Departure and Destination
Bryn Mawr College
, 10/4/2013 - 12/31/2013
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: