Furoshiki (Carrying Cloths)
32 in. x 32 in. (81.28 cm x 81.28 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- containers - Receptacles or formed or flexible coverings designed to hold, store, or ship objects or substances.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- textiles - General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
- The Tale of Genji: From Princesses to Pop Bryn Mawr College , Jan 25, 2017 – Mar 5, 2017
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Elizabeth Gray Vining Collection".View current selection of records as: